The City of Angels is very the definition of that word.
From international high-end shopping on Rodeo Drive to spectacular homes of the stars, from the incredible beaches and mountains to the Dodgers, Clippers and Lakers, Los Angeles is one extraordinary place.
In fact, if Los Angeles County were a state, it would be the fourth largest state in the nation!
Everyone knows about Hollywood, Disneyland, movie studios and celebrity sightings. But did you know Los Angeles . . .
• was founded (in 1781) by 14 families who named their new home El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de Los Angeles de la Porciuncula (Town of Our Lady the Queen of the Angeles of the Small Portion). The town got bigger, the name got smaller!
• presents, on average, more than 2,000 ethnic and regional festivals, fairs, parades and other special events every year.
• has, on average, 325 days of sunshine a year
• has hosted seven Super Bowls
• allows you to surf, snowboard, ski and blaze a trail through the desert — all in the same day!
• boasts the nation’s largest municipal park (Griffith Park = 4,014 acres)
• has 475 miles of bicycle paths
• has one of the world’s largest manmade recreational harbors (Marina del Ray = 6,000+ yachts)
• has 19 golf courses and 344 miles of walking and hiking trails
• is home to the inventions of beach volleyball, windsurfing and skateboarding
Los Angeles is also where the hula hoop, Barbie Doll, Mazda Miata, DC-3, Mickey Mouse, the chaise lounge and the Space Shuttle were created.
Los Angeles’ residents have tallied up their own impressive numbers. There are more artists, writers and film industry folks living and working in LA than any other city at any other time in the history of civilization. And — not that you’ll ever need them — there are 157 certified plastic surgeons here.
Extraordinary wealth has brought the best of everything to Los Angeles, according to leading real estate firm, Teles Properties, which takes a “boutique” approach to maintain a close personal relationship with clients seeking the very best in luxury residential opportunities.
Their clients will be in sterling company when they settle here. And these clients trust Teles Properties to let them in on insider “LALA Land” lingo secrets such as:
• Local media refers to LA as “Southland” and
• they are about to become known Angelenos (rhymes with casinos).
• “PV” is the upscale beachfront town Palos Verdes
• A “SigAlert” is declared if a lane of traffic will be closed for more than 30 minutes for an unplanned reason.
• “June Gloom” is a thick fog that rolls onto most beaches in early summer. It’s gone by early afternoon. Angelenos think it’s funny when visitors write off an entire day at the beach just because of a little early fog.
Twenty-two Nobel Prize winners have come from Los Angeles, including Linus Pauling and Richard Feynman. Add to that 39 Pulitizer Prizes. Los Angeles has more bookstores (300+) than any other U.S. city and the LA Museum of Art is the largest encyclopedic museum west of Chicago. Then there’s the Getty Center, Getty Villa, the Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical Gardens . . . the list goes on and on. Huntington Gardens, by the way, is one of the world’s most acclaimed gardens.
LA is such a scenic chameleon, it’s been the actual film setting for movies supposedly set in Japan, Hawaii, Manhattan, New York (King Kong), New England, Casablanca (yes, that Casablanca) and even a planet for apes. In fact, Jerry Seinfeld’s New York apartment is actually in LA, at 757 New Hampshire Ave!
LA’s port complex is the largest in the nation, serving 1.2 million cruise passengers a year. No problem finding somewhere for guests to stay, LA is the third largest hotel market in the nation.
LA has 80 stage theaters and 300 museums. Education is a high priority with UCLA and too many other universities to mention.
An intimate knowledge of this unique world is essential for those seeking a luxury residence. Teles Properties defines itself as high-end boutique unlike any other.
The experience and know-how of its Realtors are guaranteed to provide an extraordinary level of service and professionalism. State-of-the-art technology assures clients the most up-to-date presentations will — with very personal, very passionate attention — match them to the homes of their dreams.
Teles Properties is creating a whole new dimension in luxury real estate that is destined to lead the industry well into the future.